Tangent

Her kan du stille spørsmål vedrørende problemer og oppgaver i matematikk på høyskolenivå. Alle som har kunnskapen er velkommen med et svar. Men, ikke forvent at admin i matematikk.net er spesielt aktive her.

Moderatorer: Vektormannen, espen180, Aleks855, Solar Plexsus, Gustav, Nebuchadnezzar, Janhaa

CosPi
Dirichlet
Dirichlet

Gitt kurven 4x[sup]2[/sup] - 2xy + y[sup]2[/sup] = 13[/sup] er en ellipse!
Finn likningen for tangenten til ellipsen i (2,1)?

Hvordan gjør jeg det i det heletatt?

Husker ikke framgansmåten!

Kan noen hjelpe meg, takk:)
Olorin
Lagrange
Lagrange
Sted: Trondheim
Kontakt:

Tenk slik du gjør når du har en helt vanlig funksjon der du skal finne tangent til et gitt punkt.

Deriver f(x,y) implisitt mtp x, finn dy/dx i punktet der du vil finne tangenten og bruk y-y1=a(x-x1)
The square root of Chuck Norris is pain. Do not try to square Chuck Norris, the result is death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzVSXEu0bqI - Tom Lehrer
ishta
Fibonacci
Fibonacci

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64mxT6b6 ... re=related
http://www.matematikk.net/ressurser/per ... php?aid=65

En tangent til kurven har to egenskaper, tangenten og kurven har et felles punkt og ved punktet er den deriverte av kurven det samme som stigningstallet til tangenten.

ligningen for en linje er

y = mx + b må finne m og b, stigningstallet er m og er det samme som den deriverte av kurven ved det punktet du har. Så nå må du derivere kurven og finne verdien ved punktet du har og denne verdien er m.

for eksempel, punktene (2, 3), ta y = mx + b, sett inn 2 for x, 3 for y, og verdien for m, og løs for for b.

• En kurve
    y(x) = x2 + 1

y = x2 + 1
Tangenten ved x = 2.

y = 5

• y'(x) = 2x

x = 2 gir y'(2) = 4 m = 4.
  • y = mx + b
    5 = 4×2 + b
    b = -3

y = 4x - 3 y = mx + b , m=4 og b=-3

Here's a slightly more complicated variant on the same problem. Find the two lines that are tangent to

y = x2 - 2x + 1

and pass through the point, (5, 7). Observe that in this case, the point, (5, 7), does not lie on the curve. So you are finding lines that pass through a point outside the curve but at some other points, which are as yet unknown, they are tangent to the curve. The strategy is to identify those points of tangency. From them, it is easy to find the lines that solve the problem.

Step 1: Find the derivative of the curve. In this case we have

y' = 2x - 2

We do this because we know that at the point of tangency, the derivative of the curve must be equal to the slope of the tangent line. So we need to know this derivative.

Step 2: Write as much of the equation of the line as you can from what you know. The slope, m, of the line is still unknown. But you know what point it must pass through. In this case that is the point (5,7). So using the formula for the equation of a line passing through a given point with a given slope, you have:

y - 7 = m(x - 5)

Step 3: Use the derivative to write an equation for the slope. We don't know the slope of the line yet, but we know that if the point, (x,y), is the point of tangency, then the slope of the line will be equal to the derivative of the original curve at x. The derivative we already determined to be y' = 2x - 2. So we write the equation

m = y' = 2x - 2

Step 4: Substitute the slope expression into the equation for the line. You have m = 2x - 2 and y - 7 = m(x - 5). Put them both together by substituting for m in the second equation.

y - 7 = (2x - 2)(x - 5) = 2x2 - 12x + 10

y = 2x2 - 12x + 17

Step 5: Substitute the equation for the original curve back in. That is, you know that y = x2 - 2x + 1, where (x,y) is the point of tangency. Why? Because the point of tangency must lie on the curve. Substituting that expression for y into the above gives:

x2 - 2x + 1 = 2x2 - 12x + 17

Graph of solution

Step 6: Gather like terms and solve for x. Using simple algebra the above equation becomes the quadratic

x2 - 10x + 16 = 0

You can either use the quadratic formula, or you can factor this one in your head to get

(x - 2)(x - 8) = 0

So the x coordinate of the the point of tangency is either x = 2 or x = 8.

Step 7: Substitute back to get m. That is, we have already seen that m = 2x - 2 at any point, (x, y), of tangency. Since we now know what both the x's are for the points of tangency, we can put those values into the equation for m and get that either m = 2 or m = 14. From the equation we had in step 2,

y - 7 = 2(x - 5)

and

y - 7 = 14(x - 5)

When you multiply those out and put them into slope-intercept form, the equations of the two lines that are tangent to y = x2 - 2x + 1 and pass through the point, (5, 7), are

y = 2x - 3

and

y = 14x - 63

and you are done. The curve and the two lines are illustrated in the graph on the right here. Notice where the two lines intersect. Both points of tangency are visible on the graph, although one is very nearly at the top of the graph.
Phataas
Cayley
Cayley

Her finner man først den deriverte som er:

8x-2y*y'+2y

Men hva gjør jeg så? Skal jeg sette inn den ikke deriverte for y (eller x) i ligningen så hjelper det lite pga. "2xy" leddet som har to variable. Kan noen gi meg noen retningslinjer på hvordan man gjør implisitt når man har disse 2 variablene?

Takker på forhånd
Olorin
Lagrange
Lagrange
Kontakt:

[tex]4x^2-2xy+y^2=13[/tex]

Deriverer implisitt mtp x

[tex]8x-(2y+2xy^\prime)+2yy^\prime=0[/tex]

[tex]y^\prime(2y-2x)=2y-8x[/tex]

[tex]y^\prime=\frac{2y-8x}{2y-2x}[/tex]

Stigningstallet blir da [tex]a=y^\prime(x_1,y_1)[/tex]

Sett dette inn i [tex]y-y_1=a(x-x_1)[/tex]
The square root of Chuck Norris is pain. Do not try to square Chuck Norris, the result is death.
Phataas
Cayley
Cayley

Takk, fikk den til. Det er en følgende b oppgave her.

b) Anta at kurven er banen til en partikkel. I punktet (2,1) på kurven så er partikkelens hastighet i dx/dt lik 2m/s. Finn hastigheten, dy/dt, i y-retningen.

Hva må gjøres for å finne dy/dt her?
Olorin
Lagrange
Lagrange
Kontakt:

Deriver implisitt mtp (t) og løs ut dy/dt
Phataas
Cayley
Cayley

Vi har jo ingen (t)?
Olorin
Lagrange
Lagrange
Kontakt:

Hadde ingen x når du deriverte y heller ;) Poenget er at du ønsker å finne endring av y per tidsenhet, per def. dy/dt, endring av x per tidsenhet er dx/dt som forøvrig er en notasjon jeg ikke er 100% sikker på.
Du kan prøve å søke opp implisitt derivasjon på google.
Phataas
Cayley
Cayley

Var ikke lett å finne ut av denne :P Noen som har noen tips?
CosPi
Dirichlet
Dirichlet

Tror jeg fant svaret: hvis jeg ikke tar feil. Så fikk jeg 1m/s i y-retningen! hum...
Phataas
Cayley
Cayley

Hvordan er fremgangmåten? det står altså [tex]\frac{dy}{dt}[/tex]

Hva menes med dette? Vi har ingen tid?
CosPi
Dirichlet
Dirichlet

derivere mhp y? hm...
CosPi
Dirichlet
Dirichlet

Jeg prøvde først å finne x altså derivere mhp x først... da fikk jeg at x=2,
så prøvde jeg med å derivere mhp y, da fikk jeg y=1. hum...
Phataas
Cayley
Cayley

fikk -3,5 jeg... jeg vet det ikke går ann å ha negativ fart, men kan jo være retningsbasert (vektorer)...

Noen som har/kan klare å løse/hjelpe til betraktlig på b) oppgaven her?
Svar